Hearing loss can negatively impact your ability to function and your quality of life. But at Mountain West ENT, we’re prepared to help patients in Davis County, Bountiful, Layton, South Salt Lake City, and surrounding areas recover from hearing loss. We use the latest techniques and counseling to eliminate or reduce the effects of hearing loss, ensuring you maintain a high standard of living while coping with hearing loss. Don’t suffer in silence. Contact one of our locations in Layton or Bountiful to discuss which treatment is right for your condition.
Signs and Symptoms of Hearing Loss
Losing your hearing can happen gradually, but the earlier it is caught, the easier it is to recover. Early intervention will prevent you from total hearing loss. Be aware of the following signs:
- Difficulty understanding speech
- A need for increased volume on TV, music, and phones
- Loss of sound localization
- Painful pressure in the ears
Aural Rehabilitation Treatments
No one treatment is guaranteed to reverse hearing loss. Instead, we will work to determine the cause and customize your rehabilitation and counseling plan. We’re concerned with your ability to enjoy life and communicate effectively. After we’ve completed your assessment we’ll discuss treatment options, including:
- Hearing Aids- There are so many different types of hearing aids to choose from at Mountain West ENT, and it can be hard to understand exactly what you need. We consider your personal needs and help you find the best option. We’ll help you regain your ability to listen and communicate.
- Lip Reading- Lip reading is the ability to understand speech by observing the speaker’s face and mouth movements.
- Manual Communication- Using sign language and fingerspelling to communicate manually.
- Listening Strategies- Using all your senses to overcome hearing loss and understand others.
If you have questions about your hearing loss in the South Salt Lake City, Davis County, Bountiful, or Layton areas, we have answers. Get in touch with a hearing specialist at Mountain West ENT.